Trade name: Celebrex.
Basic substance: celecoxib.
Group: non-steroid anti-inflammatory substances, enzyme cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors.
Presentation form: gelatin capsules of white color with active substance content indicated on them; a blister contains ten capsules, a carton – from one to ten blisters.
Antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect is connected with selective blocking of enzyme prostaglandins formation, especially of E2 type (dinoprostone). Decrease of cyclooxygenase-2 formation leads to significantly marked reduction of inflammation.
Compared to other medications of non-steroid anti-inflammatory substances group, Celebrex has several distinctive features:
- does not influence cyclooxygenase-1 induction;
- does not cause changes to mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract, including prostaglandins formation;
- does not decrease the level of arachidonic acid and platelets adhesion under influence of collagen.
The basic substance is quickly absorbed by the GIT, especially if taken fasting, and reaches maximum concentration in two-three hours. It almost fully binds to plasma proteins. Is well metabolized by the liver, is eliminated from the body with feces (57%) and with urine (27%).
Total concentration of celecoxib active substance is almost by one and a half time higher in the black race representatives that in the European ones.
The medicine is taken by mouth without chewing, regardless of meals. The capsules should be washed down with a small amount of fluid.
A single daily dose of the medicine for treating various diseases is:
- osteoarthritis ? 0.2g;
- rheumatoid arthritis ? 0.2-0.4g;
- Marie-Strumpell disease ? 0.2g;
- pain and painful menstruation (primary dysmenorrhea) ? 0.4g on the first day, then 0.2g daily twice a day.
You can order Celebrex on the online pharmacy website with no prescription, but you should only take it under medical supervision.